Location and Hours
West Caldwell Public Library
30 Clinton Road
West Caldwell, NJ 07006
The Library will open its doors on Monday, July 6 at 10 am and we can’t wait to see you! With that, there are a few rules we all need to abide by to ensure the safety of patrons and staff. The public is permitted into the library building to borrow materials, ask reference questions, and seek readers advisory. All dates and times are subject to change.
Monday – Friday 10-4
All materials must be returned to the outside book drops, which are open 24/7. We will still continue to offer our concierge pickup service for the foreseeable future for patrons who would rather not enter the library.
- No more than 20 people will be permitted in the building at once.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained.
- All patrons must wear masks. Your nose and mouth must be completely covered.
- Patrons may browse our collections, but no studying, tutoring, lingering, or gathering in groups is allowed. Study rooms are unavailable.
- Tables and chairs are not available for public use. You are not permitted to bring in your own furniture.
- Please limit your time to 30 minutes or less in the building.
- At this time, only one public computer is available for use. Computer use is limited to West Caldwell residents, taxpayers, and PAID cardholders only. Computer time is by appointment only and limited to 30 minutes a day. You must call ahead to make an appointment.
- No one under the age of 16 will be permitted inside the library without a parent or responsible adult.
- The public is not permitted in staff areas.
- FAX service is suspended until further notice
- Access to newspapers or magazines is unavailable
- The Microfilm Reader/Printer cannot be used at this time.
- A self check-out app for smart devices is coming soon.
The library will continue to offer virtual programs. Please check out our events at wcplnj.org or on our Facebook page. We are looking forward to serving and seeing you all!
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments.
All the best,