Online Resources @ Home
Tours to do at home!
- Disney Tours– 12 Virtual Disney Rides That Will Turn Your Home Into the Most Magical Place on Earth. Disney World and Disneyland may be closed, but you can still experience their top attractions on YouTube.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium– “With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are.”
- https://www.tours.com/ – The ONLY WorldWide Directory of Tours & Vacations Looking to travel from the comfort your home?! Click the link above for tour all over the world.
- Google Arts and Culture – features content from over 2000 leading museums and archives
- US National Gallery of Art – images of works on display
- Explore Some USA National Parks with Visual Tours
- National Marine Sanctuaries Virtual Dives– Immerse yourself in the ocean and your national marine sanctuaries without getting wet!
- Graffiti Tours– Tour streets around the world to see street art
- Museum of Natural History
- The MET
Online Games and Board Games
- Board Game Arena – play board games solo or with friends for free online
- PBS Kids – https://pbskids.org/
- Cookie – http://www.cookie.com/
- Try an online Escape the Room together! https://www.enchambered.com/puzzles/alone-together/
- Online Board Games and Board Gaming Websites
Activities for Everyone
- NASA – Stay updated with NASA, Mars Curiosity and explore the universe
- Aerobics for Seniors on YouTube
- TED Talks – Free videos on a variety of subjects that range from self improvement, business, education and more. Typically a talk runs anywhere from 5-20 minutes long.
- NY Times Book Review Podcast
- Free eBooks from Publishers – Verso Books, Haymarket Books,
- Recorded Berlin Philharmonic Performances
- 15 Broadway Plays and Musicals You Can Watch for Free
- Nightly Free Metropolitan Opera Performances
- New York Public Library Digital Photo Collection
- US Archives Digital Photo Collection
- Project Gutenberg – 1000s of free eBooks available whose license has since expired (published over 66 years ago).
- Disney’s Bedtime Hotline– For a limited time, parents can phone in to Disney’s Bedtime Hotline at 877-7-MICKEY to play a special message from Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck or Goofy.
- BrainPOP– BrainPOP is here to help you and your curious learners stay informed and on-track with free access during school closures.
- Preschool Yoga with Sarah from Montclair B.A.B.Y
- 60+ Awesome Websites for Teaching and Learning Math– “Learning math online isn’t always easy! Weareteachers gathered a list of teacher-approved sites that includes resources, games, freebies, and innovative programs for teaching math.”
- Scholastic Learn at Home– “Day-by-Day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.”
- RangerRick– This site will keep kids entertained and engaged in the natural world.
- Teacherspayteachers- Home learning choice boards for Preschool, Pre-K, and Kinder Distance Learning.
- Audible– Audible Is offering free audiobooks for kids during school closures.
- 32 Totally Free Educational Resources– Find different types of learning resources for your children to do at home!
- Teach Your Monster to Read– “The groundbreaking game that makes learning to read fun”
- Disney Drawing Class – Heather Worley from Animation Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World gives you a quick tutorial on how to draw the perfect Minnie Mouse.
- National Geographic Kids
- Scratch – basic computer coding skills for kids