The West Caldwell Public Library offers three Study Rooms for patrons who require a quiet area to read, study or work in a group. Please read our policy below before contacting the Reference Department at 973-226-5441 to see if you can reserve a space.
Study Room Policy
The West Caldwell Library has three study rooms available for quiet study located in the reference department. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis however West Caldwell cardholders are given priority and will be able to make a reservation up to one week in advance. Reference librarians will ask at the time of the advance reservation for a valid West Caldwell library card. Non-West Caldwell cardholders may call the morning of to reserve a room. Study rooms may be reserved for a maximum of two (2) consecutive hours.
- Can accommodate up to three people
- Is available to West Caldwell and Caldwell card holders for sewing (see sewing room policy).
Podvey Study Room
Can accommodate up to 6 people
Local History Room
- Can accommodate up to two people
- Its primary purpose is for local history research and must be made available immediately if a librarian, staff member, or local history researcher requests access.
- Food and drink, including water, are prohibited
- Please limit the use of a room to two (2) hours, once a day, per group. West Caldwell cardholders who are more than 15 minutes late will forfeit their reservations unless they call the Library.
- Please vacate group study rooms ten (10) minutes before the building closes.
- Children who are West Caldwell cardholders in grade 5 and up may use the Study Room as outlined above. Children in grades four and under must be accompanied by an adult who is the “responsible party.”
Users must adhere to all Library policies which include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining an appropriate noise level
- Acting in a reasonable manner
- Failure to adhere to Library Policies when using the Study Room will result in a termination of its use.
If no one is waiting to use the room, it may be used in increments of 30 minutes until other users arrive.
WCPL Board of Trustees