Reiher Family Meeting Room
Reiher Family Meeting Room Use Policy
The West Caldwell Public Library offers its Reiher Family Meeting Room to local organizations for meetings and community programs. The Reiher Family Meeting Room is open to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, charitable, intellectual, advocacy, civic, religious, or political activities. The priority of the Library is to meet the needs of the Library and schedule use of the Reiher Family Meeting Room in priority order as follows: the Library, the Friends of the West Caldwell Public Library and the West Caldwell Municipality. When the Reiher Family Meeting Room is not scheduled for a program sponsored by a group listed above, the Library may allow organizations to reserve the Reiher Family Meeting Room. Groups may reserve the room 1 month in advance and no more than one meeting in any four week period.
The West Caldwell Public Library shall not be held responsible for any injury to persons or loss or damage to personal property in the use of the premises. Certificates of Insurance for $ 1,000,000 and naming the Township as an additional insured is required. The Library Code of Conduct applies to Reiher Family Meeting Room Usage.
All meetings shall be held between the following hours:
Monday- Wednesday 10am-7:30pm
Thursday – Friday 10am – 4:30pm
Saturday 10am – 4:30pm *except summer hours
The maximum occupancy is 78 with chairs and 60 with tables and chairs.
The Reiher Family Meeting Room is rented out for a minimum of two hours.
Nonprofit Group, West Caldwell-Based No charge
Charter/ NP status must be located in West Caldwell
Nonprofit Group, Outside West Caldwell $50 for the first hour, $25 for each additional hour
Private Group, West Caldwell-Based $100 for the first hour, $25 for each additional hour
Private Group, Outside West Caldwell $100 for the first hour, $50 for each additional hour
Facilities Fees (use only)
Projection System $25
If you need technical assistance for your event, you can schedule a 30 minute meeting with staff prior to your event. This tech support will require a $30 charge and will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable day & time prior to the event date. There is no tech support on the day of the event.
- Access to the Reiher Family Meeting Room is provided on equal terms, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use; however, any proposed use of a Reiher Family Meeting Room is subject to the approval of the Director or Board of Trustees, who reserve the right to deny permission to any group for any reason.
- All programs presented in the Reiher Family Meeting Room are free of charge to participants. No admission charges, collections, tuition, sales (except for regular club dues) or other money-raising activities may be attached to the Reiher Family Meeting Room use, unless approved in advance by the Board of Trustees. Groups may accept voluntary donations for a charitable or educational cause.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for determining whether their children attend particular programs. The Library does not monitor the activities and decisions of minors.
- Any promotional material created to announce an event in the Library by an unaffiliated group must include the following language: “This event is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the West Caldwell Public Library.” Solicitation is prohibited.
- Social gatherings including but not limited to birthday parties, receptions and weddings are prohibited.
- It is hereby understood and agreed that if this application is granted, the undersigned will assume all and exclusive liability for the preservation of order and the sole and exclusive liability for any injury to persons and any damage to, or loss of property that may result from this use and for the due observations of all regulations of the Board of Trustees.
- The Reiher Family Meeting Room is available for use during Library hours. No meetings are permitted to start before the Library opens or after it closes. Reservations for Reiher Family Meeting Room may be made up to one month in advance and must be made using the Library’s Reiher Family Meeting Room application, which is available on the Library website.
- Application for the use of the Reiher Family Meeting Room shall be made in writing and approved by the Director or Board of Trustees at least 48 hours in advance.
- Reiher Family Meeting Room requests in excess of one per month per organization (excluding the Friends and Municipal Boards and Departments) will be granted at the discretion of the Director or Board of Trustees.
- Payment of fees for Reiher Family Meeting Room use is due when the application is approved.
- Applications, liability insurance certificates , and payments should be given to the Library Director.
Conduct in the Reiher Family Meeting Room
- No smoking, candles or other lit flames.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No gambling or games of chance
- No animals except service animals.
- Each organization shall be responsible for observance of all applicable rules and regulations of the West Caldwell Public Library, the Township of West Caldwell and all governmental agencies.
- Any organization using the Reiher Family Meeting Room or kitchen must set up and clean up the rooms within the time period reserved. No organization will be permitted admittance to the Reiher Family Meeting Room before the time specified on the application.
- Any furniture, equipment or other items brought into the Reiher Family Meeting Room must be removed at the end of the meeting. The Library assumes no responsibility for items left in the Room.
Use of Reiher Family Meeting Room by Children or Teens
- Any group of minors who wish to reserve a Reiher Family Meeting Room must be supervised by one person over 21 years old. The adult must reserve the room and be responsible for the group.
- Any group who wishes to reserve a Reiher Family Meeting Room for use by children under age 10 must include one adult for every eight children. Children must be supervised throughout the Library.
- A group that cancels its meeting must inform Library staff no later than 24 hours prior to the approved rental, not including weekend days. Failure to do so will jeopardize future bookings. General fees for canceled meetings are not refundable..
- If the Library is closed due to inclement weather or emergency, use of a Reiher Family Meeting Room is automatically canceled. The Library will attempt to notify the group’s contact person and give as much notice as possible. Closings are recorded on the Library’s telephone answering system, social media, and website.
A group denied permission to use the Reiher Family Meeting Room may file an appeal to the Library Board of Trustees at least 1 week prior to the next regular Board meeting. A copy must be sent to the Director. The Trustees will review the appeal and notify the organization of its decision in writing. The decision of the Library Board of Trustees is final.
The West Caldwell Public Library offers three Study Rooms for patrons who require a quiet area to read, study or work in a group.
Please read our policy below before contacting the Reference Department at 973-226-5441 to see if you can reserve a space.
Study Room Policy
The West Caldwell Library has three study rooms available for quiet study located in the reference department.
These rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis; however, West Caldwell cardholders are given priority and will be able to make a reservation up to one week in advance.
Reference librarians will ask at the time of the advance reservation for a valid West Caldwell library card.
Non-West Caldwell cardholders may call the morning of to reserve a room.
Study rooms may be reserved for a maximum of two (2) consecutive hours.
Accommodates up to 3 people
Podvey Study Room
Accommodates up to 6 people
If no one is waiting to use the room, it may be used in increments of 30 minutes until other users arrive.
WCPL Board of Trustees